Pre A Level
This course provides an excellent introduction to study in the UK whilst improving your English and introducing you to academic study
This course offers a great way to improve your English level whilst developing some foundation knowledge in academic subjects such as maths and science. After this, you can decide if you wish to continue your studies in the UK on a Foundation or A Level course.
Why choose a Pre-A Level course?
- An alternative to GCSEs providing the opportunity to significantly improve your level of English whilst studying academic subjects
- Small classes
- Dedicated personal tutor
- 15 hours of English tuition including English for Academic Purposes
- 5 hours of maths tuition per week
- 4 hours of tuition in your chosen pathway (Business, Art or Science)
- Choice of September or January intake
This is an introductory course for those who aren’t quite ready to study on an A Level or Foundation course. It offers students the opportunity to study and improve their English whilst doing some academic preparation. All students will study Maths and can also choose from science, business or art depending on their preference.
There are 3 Pathways available. Students can choose the following options
- Art (two choices from Fine Art and Textiles or Photography)
- Business (Business Studies and Economics)
- Science (two choices from Biology, Chemistry or Physics)
Students can progress to our A Level and Foundation courses via our internal tests. This means that it is less pressurised than a GCSE course. However, they will also have the opportunity to take GCSEs in their academic subjects.
|SEPTEMBER START||JANUARY START|
|COURSE LEVEL||RQF LEVEL 2||RQF LEVEL 2|
|AGE AT START OF COURSE||15-16||15-16|
What you’ll study
These are the subjects you’ll study on the Pre A-Level course. English and Maths are compulsory subjects but you can choose a pathway that you enjoy from Art, Science or Business and Economics.
|PLUS ONE OF THE PATHWAYS BELOW|
|CHOOSE TWO FROM BIOLOGY, CHEMISTRY & PHYSICS||4 HOURS|
|CHOOSE TWO FROM FINE ART & TEXTILES OR PHOTOGRAPHY||4 HOURS|
The application process is as follows:
- Complete an application form
- Send your completed form to [email protected] along with a copy of your passport, birth certificate and your most recent school report
- Complete our entry tests in Maths and English and arrange your interview. Interviews will be carried out by the Director of Studies or the Principal on Skype, Zoom or Microsoft Teams
- The application is reviewed and if successful a conditional offer is made, subject to submission of outstanding documents required for visa applicants
- Send a copy of your IELTS certificate (must be academic UKVI)
- Accept offer and pay the course deposit to secure your place
- Pre-arrival information and visa documentation despatched