St Andrews has excellent connections with universities admissions departments and offers tailored advice and support for each individual student through individual and group university preparation sessions.
Introduction to UCAS
- What is UCAS?
- How to carry out degree searches using the website?
- Understanding UCAS deadlines (including Oxbridge)
Choosing your course and university
- Introduction to UK universities and their geography
- Attending open days
- Attending the St Andrew’s university fair
- Differences in course modules at each university
How to apply
- How to apply
- Completing a skills and qualities list to increase student awareness of their skill set and its importance for the UCAS process and beyond
- Learn key words in education and careers relating to course choices
- How to complete the application form and the importance of accuracy
- Learning how to speak publicly
- Becoming confident speakers
- What to say and what not to say in interviews
- What is a personal statement?
- How to write about your course
- What to include and what not to include
- Writing style
- How to write your personal statement/content
- How to develop your personal statement to ensure it fits the UCAS criteria
- Completing the application process checklist
- Submitting your application
- St Andrews will submit all required references
- How to track your application
- Further interview preparation
- Offers and rejections
- Explaining results and clearing
- Providing advice on results day