At St Andrew’s we take the care of our students very seriously, ensuring that they are happy and healthy in order to be able to study effectively and enjoy their time with us.
Every one of our students is unique and requires different levels of support at varying times. Our pastoral care has been rated as good and we take pride in the levels of attention, care and support that we can give our students.
Our team of House Parents, nurses and personal tutors, who meet with students weekly, led by our Deputy Head of Boarding and Pastoral, are here to support our students’ wellbeing and are available anytime to talk to individual students and indeed parents about any concerns.
Our Mental Health Lead is available by appointment.
What support do our Pastoral Care team give our students?
- Be available for students to talk to at any time if they have any problems for example homesickness or feeling stressed
- Liaise with teaching staff regarding support for students who have medical needs, require timetable adjustment or one-to-one support
- Collect medical information prior to enrolment and passes it to other staff so they can care for students effectively
- Register students with our GP in Cambridge so they can access free medical care
- Book medical, dental, optician or counselling appointments for students
- Attend appointments with students if required
- Provide advice and guidance to students about medical and other services in Cambridge
- Send students a wellbeing questionnaire
- External counsellor available by appointment