Students with visas must abide by certain rules, including:
- You are not allowed to work, even part-time
- You must attend all of your lessons. If your attendance is poor, we may need to cancel your visa and you will have to leave the UK. If you are unwell or unable to attend for any reason, you must tell us straight away.
- You must tell the college if any of your details change, including:
You change your address
You change your phone number
You get a new passport
- You must keep your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) in a safe place, e.g. in your bedroom. Do not carry it with you in your bag, purse or wallet, except when you are travelling to/from the UK.
- You must tell the college if you lose your BRP.
If your course is 6 months or less you do not need a child/student visa but can come on a visitor visa:
However, for those studying for more than six months you will need to apply for a Student or Child Student Visa: